Pakmusic brings you an exclusive interview of Sham Idrees , the sensational internet star ! you must have seen him on various vines/yt/insta videos. Check out his cover version of Dil Dil Pakistan and his read his exclusive interview right here on pakmusic!
1. What inspired your music career when you were younger?
I got into the music industry after my car accident in 2011 and became active march 2012. As a child I’ve always listened to legends like Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
2. What is the hardest part of what you do (in terms of your career) and what do you enjoy doing the most in your career?
Staying in touch with fans! It might be a shock but when you start getting 1000s of inboxes daily on facebook and you don’t reply, fans get very upset! I enjoy travelling and performing on stage!
3. Who is your favourite musician (Desi and English)?
I would say I always used to listen to the sounds of enrique growing up in english music and Arjit is an amazing desi singer.
4. If there is one aspect of your career that you would like to change , what would it be?
I would want to somehow reply and connect to as many people as possible who do inbox or stay connected with me but its almost impossible at times.
5. What is your favourite aspect of music? (composing, singing or writing)
Writing, Singing and Music Videos! I write the story for the music video as well and i’m usually part director so i love being part of that.
6. If you weren’t a musician, what would you be and why?
I used to be a onlinegambling2014 financial advisor at scotiabank and would have continued in the financial field if my accident didn’t take place in 2011 but God has a plan for us all.
7. Any stories about crazy fan encounters?
I usually get sweet fan mail however recently one of the fans wrote I love you with her blood on a white t-shirt. Thats just kinda crossing the line! Right?
8. Who in the music industry would you like to collaborate with and why?
So far I haven’t really decided on colaborations. As you noticed I have only collaborated with my best friend, karter zaher who is like a brother to me! But you never know we will see when the time is right.
9. As an avid sports fan myself, do you watch any sports and if yes your favourite teams?
Offcourse Pakistani cricket team all the way and it feels good to blast my Dil Dil Pakistan Remix when we win 🙂
10. Lastly, any message for PakMusic followers and your fans all around the world?
I’m very happy to have been born a pakistani. No matter where you live or where you travel, never ever forget where your roots are. A tall strong tree will become weak and fall down if your roots aren’t strong. I truly believe that and as Pakistani’s we need to
support one another! We need to work together, not against each other. Lets put Pakistan on the map as one of the best places to live inshaa Allah <3
Here is the song by Sham Idrees you cannot miss to watch/listen!